Monday, October 1, 2012

Sharing the load

I have just spent the last half hour typing up and printing off, and will laminate job charts for my three children. After living in our new home for two weeks, I have been feeling very s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d!

My anxiety has been rife, and living on a adrenline overload exhausts you beyond description. This afternoon, I may, or may not, had a small tantrum about feeling like I was the only one doing anything in this house.

My daughter has just returned to living with me after being away for a year at her father's. Different house, different rules - you know the drill. And we are all adjusting to becoming a family again, with an added person M. Needless to say, there has been lots of change going on, and adjustment for every one.

So in the interests of self care, and self preservation I have prepared the lists for all three of the kids. These jobs were all things that we discussed together before the move even happened, so it was a family decision.



Who does the all the work in your house? Is it shared willingly, or do you spend you time nagging the kids to do this, do that etc? Got any great ideas to share? Please do!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a really good move, Vicky. Boundaries are surely a good thing.
    Good on you for taking some time to look after yourself. Adrenal burnout is a total stink bomb.
    Thanks so much for playing along with Blogtoberfest12. We're lucky to have you!
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kat. We all had a good discussion about it after dinner tonight, so we will see how it goes, :)

      Delete
  2. The twins are still too little but fast getting closer to regular jobs. Things have been chaotic lately so we haven't started chores.
    Hubby and I share the load here with a few exceptions.
    I love the idea of family conference to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a regular occurrence in my house. Who ever has the salt shaker gets to talk. Great way to air grievances without everything turning to crap. Even including five year old. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design