Tuesday, October 9, 2012

little things....

1. I named my daughter Laura after Laura Ingalls in Little house in the prairie. Her name also means Laural Tree. There is a myth surrounding the laurel tree. Daphne, a nymph was turned into the laurel tree to protect her from Apollo's sexual advances.



2. If Nathan had have been a girl, I would have named her Natasha. He was born 4 weeks early by emergency Cesarean, and I didn't hold him for ten hours after he was born. His name mean God's gift.


3. Aston is called Aston after Aston villa, the English football team. No I'm not a mad football supporter, yes, his father is. However, I agreed, because I think its a strong boy's name. NOT because his father loves the team! His name means home.



4. Laura and Aston are the most alike in temperament. Loud, demanding, at times challenging. Nathan is my SNAG - Sensitive New Age Guy.


5. All three of my children have taught me different lessons - Laura, what unconditional love really means, Nathan, that its OK to play and pretend, and Aston, how to feel joy after extreme heart ache.


6. My children keep me anchored to the earth. Without them I would have given up a long time ago.


7. I have put my heart and soul into being a mother - sometimes to my detriment.


8. sometimes I like to take my mother hat off, and party like its 1999



9. my children bring me joy, exhaust me, teach me, delight me, terrify me, make me laugh, cry, and everything in between.


10. I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design