Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gratitude... a state of grace

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." Albert Schweitzer




As I lay in bed this morning thinking about how its far too cold to get out of bed, I looked out the window at the magnificent view that I have been blessed to see each and every morning.


How can one not look at this and not feel a sense of sublime gratitude? Yes, it is cold and windy, but I'm so incredibly lucky to be living in a beautiful part of the Sunshine Coast, have a home that has a view like this to look at and have peace wash over me continuously.

Yesterday afternoon, I was feeling rather lousy - its a full moon. Lauralei said to me as I moaned and groaned, "Mum, your focusing on the bad stuff. Focus on the good stuff and you'll feel better." (love it when my own words are thrown back at me....) 

So I shifted focus, and in doing so fell across things that were expressing gratitude like a new blog Maxabella loves. And my own internal spark was rekindled.

Not only am I grateful for the amazing view that I have, and the incredibly insightful daughter that I have been blessed with, this week I'm awash with gratitude for the feeling of peace that sits within me. When anxiety starts to make my heart race, my throat close, and I can feel myself leaving my body, I can bring myself back by shifting focus from what may be causing the anxiety to the abundance of beautiful people - things - experiences that fill my life... my heartbeat slows, my throat starts to re-open, and I land fully back in my body. To be able to do that, I'm incredibly grateful...

For me gratitude is a state of grace.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Vicky. I wish I had the ability to leave my body at certain times... would definitely come in handy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing view you have! I'd like to leave my body and fly like a bird over the tops of those trees.....woooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commenting cause you told me to lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design