Monday, June 6, 2011

bittersweet moments

My little girl (who really isn't little anymore...15 doesn't count as being little anymore does it?) has a boyfriend. A real one... not a "I like you" kind-a-boyfriend... but a falling-in-love-kind-a-boyfriend. and its a bittersweet moment for me...

it only seems like yesterday truly that this small beautiful precious child was placed in my arms and I fell completely and utterly in love with her... and learnt one of the greatest lessons I have learnt.. what unconditional love really is...

and now .... here she is standing right in front of me, experiencing all the good (and undoubtedly it will come - the bad) things about falling in love.. I oscillate from wanting to cry (and have done that...) to being excited for her as I listen to her speak about how she is feeling. I am incredibly blessed that she wants to talk to me - even though at times inside I'm dying a 1000 deaths and not wanting to know...





I'm so grateful that for her this is an exciting amazing time.... not one fraught with confusion and anxiety as it was for me. Somewhere along the line I seemed to have got something right.

0 Love to hear from you...:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design