Friday, June 17, 2011

Drab to Fab...

interesting concept that one... Drab to Fab...

And I like it.

It has me thinking - what do I do to make myself feel better?

Last week I was sick with the flu, and quite happily wanted to curl up in a little ball and disappear. Doing anything to make myself feel better required far too much energy and effort on my part, when all I wanted to do was sleep, and for the yuk sick feeling to go away...

So come Friday, when there was no food in the house, and the house looked like several bombs had gone off in it, I couldn't stand it any longer. I had a long shower, washed my hair, got dressed, and put make up on and made a plan to do what I could, and rest in between jobs.

My little boy was an Angel when we did the grocery shopping, and cleaning up the house. While I was feeling pretty shattered physically by the end of the day, my head space felt better then it had for the whole week, because I had achieved what I had set out to do...

It was small... but I went from feeling very ordinary - and Drab ... to feeling accomplished and a little bit Fab.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, visiting from Drab2Fab.
    I also get those moments when I've been sick or "out of action" for what seems too long and all it takes is a bit of personal care to start feeling human enough to tackle those basic jobs - and it sounds like your home went from Drab to Fab too with a bit of a clean and stocking the pantry. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design