Saturday, August 6, 2011

grateful is as grateful does...

<>
"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone" Gladys Browyn Stern

I never do anything for anyone with the attitude of wanting something done in return for me, so when someone does something for me I'm always surprised... Pleasantly of course. Even the offer of having something done is wonderful.

This week I had to put my car in for new tyres and a couple of other things, and the cost ended up being $150 more then I was quoted. Living on the tight budget that I do, I wasn't particularly pleased. I had a whinge about it to my gorgeous man M, and he offered to help me out because, as he put it "that's what we do for each other". I am so very grateful to have him in my life.

The last few months have been trauma and drama free. For the first time in over 13 years I haven't had the impending sense of doom hanging over me. For that I'm incredibly grateful. Even with my soul sister's journey and all it entailed, my head space and the ability to see blessings in every situation has changed so fundamentally that anxiety's icy fingers no longer clutch at my throat. It no longer disables me. I now know that if I fall down, I will get back up again.


Maxabella Loves... is having a birthday. I'm grateful that I found her blog. What are you grateful for?


3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. What a positive outlook...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your man is such a sweet person. And I love your thoughts about not being disabled anymore about problems and anxieties. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, it is a pleasure to meet you! I found your post very uplifting indeed. My son suffers from anxiety so it is a topic very close to my heart. We are working things through with him and in the meantime stories like yours are a godsend. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design