Can you believe that we are one month into the second half of this year??? Where the hell has the last seven months gone?
I decided it was time to revisit my list, and see if there were things on that list that can be ticked off, or revised, or changed completely - because after all its MY list and if I want to change something I can.
finish the teachers aide course and have a job ( are rethinking this one - not sure I want to do the teacher's aide course... the job thing I still want to do though) I have completely rethought this, and decided not to do it. I have enjoyed having the time to "completely recover and live with out trauma in my life" as my therapist wisely put it.
2. sold some of my paintings. This is still a work in progress. I have done several more paintings, and have been asked if I can do some more. My soul sister helped me work out a "pricing worksheet" as I struggle to put a price on what I do - which is why I end up doing paintings as gifts.
3 get divorced (that process has been started officially today. before I can get divorced I have to have children's orders in place. Today I went and started the mediation process that will get the children's orders completed - which then means I can file for divorce!!) I'm sending off the divorce DIY kit next week.
4 sorted out my health (I had blood tests late last year - and sugars were good, iron levels crap, and cholesterol levels too high - but at least I have something to work with. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to review my medication, and discuss my increased anxiety at the moment) I have been making conscious choices about what I put in my mouth. Are doing some research into the topic of the moment - the addictive qualities of sugar.
5. be exercising on the Wii at least 3 times a week (um... yeh... so... um...nope)
6. Learn how to dance at dance classes (I told my soul sister about this one - and for the last four months she has been going to dance classes!! When I get back from holidays I will look further into this for myself)
have a firm stomach Learn to embrace the body I have. because lets face it... I'll be turning 42, not 22, and have had three kids. That stomach of mine is never gonna be the same....
11. gone on holiday somewhere by myself Are going to NZ with M, and can't wait. :)
12. gone on holiday with the kids (are in the process of booking a holiday for the September school holidays to day dream island!!!!) Paid for holiday today... so excited!!
13 fallen in love with someone who values, respects, adores me (well... um... have met someone, who I like A LOT... guess we will have to wait and see where it goes from here....) The journey can be read all about here and here and here oh.. and here, here ,here and here ....
14 saved $2000 Still working on this one too.... seems bills, and expenses keep getting in the way. Bloody car. One way I could look at it though is that I have paid for a holiday for me and my kids, been paying all my bills, rent, etc. So there may be none left to save, but at least there is enough to cover the expenses.
15 have my tattoo on my wrist finished.(Booked in for this Wednesday!!!) Its done!! and I love it! check out here to see the finished work.
16. had my tattoo on my side added to
17. culled all the unwanted, un-needed "things" in my life OUT
18. have a vege and herb garden productive
19. learn how to crochet
20.be re-enrolled in uni When I get back from Daydream Island I will be able to do this!
22. have finished all the unfinished projects that I have - or gotten rid of them
23. get a new bed
24. get a dresser
25. double bed for Laura
26. nose pierced
27.make all Christmas and birthday presents for this year
28 reduce Internet/phone/mobile/electricity costs and save the difference I reduced my mobile bill significantly, and since changing the plan have not gone over the plan cost. Pretty happy about that!
29. gone to dreamworld/sea world/wet'n'wild with the kids on a mini holiday (I brought the VIP for myself and the kids for Christmas - which doesn't expire until 30 June. So far we have been to Movieworld, and Seaworld, and L and N went to wet'n'wild with friends. I going to let N take a "mental health day" and him and I are going to head to Movieworld and have a day together.)
30. looked into getting a new to me car
32. start zumba classes There is Zumba classes locally...
33 water colour painting classes
34 Mosaic classes
35 Art workshops. (have THREE booked!! One this coming Saturday - working with mixed media, and two more in February!!)
36 Go whale watching this season Have a brochure about this, would like to do it before we go away to Daydream Island
37 climb Mt Cooroora ( I recently got half way up... and will get to the top!!)
38 learnt a natural alternative to get, and keep my anxiety under control
39 by the end of the year moved house.
41 started writing "my story", possibly in collaboration with my therapist.
42 have a big party for my 42nd birthday!!!
Still got some to work through before the 30 January next year...
Will have to think of three new things to put in place for the ones I have crossed out... Suggestions anyone?