Sunday, November 21, 2010

48 hours...

So I started my weekend away after dropping the boys off driving two hours to Brisbane. Was an easy drive, and I didn't get lost so I was rather happy with myself. Then I got out of the car... seems my knee doesnt particularly like being in a similar position for two hours at a time still... was a bit creaky and sore when I got out of the car. I had plenty of time to get ready, have a corona with lime, and sit back and relax. My cousin's partner drove us in to the theatre and  we were throughly entertained by the production... especially the nice hot bodies prancing around the stage...... yum.

On Saturday I woke up feeling particularly revolting... my period had arrived. Joy. and the pain was incredible. So the idea of  walking around southbank markets, or the art gallery was somewhat unappealing. add to that weather being some what unco-operative, we decided to go to the movies. We saw The Social Network. It was an interesting movie about the creation of facebook. How factual it was I'm not sure, but I enjoyed it. And sitting down for a couple of hours was far more appealing then walking around...

There are new markets up the road from my cousin, so we checked them out in the afternoon, and I decided to spoil myself. My oil burner that I loved broke, and I am missing having melts burning. So I was on the look out for a new one.... and found this --------------------------->>>>       I LOVE IT! It looks amazing when its lit. I have put it in my room, and it marks the beginning of me revamping my living space.

I also decided to buy myself an "I love you" present - because I love ME! Looked at lots and lots of different rings... I had an idea in my head of what I wanted. I had seen a ring in Tree of Life that I liked, but it didn't fit. I finally found one that fit and was just perfect.

In the afternoon after we got back Annie and I made melts and candles. She is in the process of setting up her own business of melts and candles. It was so relaxing and lovely sitting at my cousin's house, surrounded by candles, and melts, the air infused with scent, Corona and lime in hand, and good music. was some what sublime.

I am going to start making melts and candles as well, and sell them for her under her business name here on the coast. On wednesday I'm going to order the supplies, and on monday and tuesday I am going to go scouring the op shops looking for containers to make candles in....

really looking forward to it. feeling ready to shed another skin, and let my new one shine....

1 comment:

  1. How fantastic.. and such a fun project to have...
    What is more I will be able to help you when I come to visit in March... and that will be here before we know it. What fun that would be for ME to go home with a new skill..

    Isn't it wonderful when new skin is revealed free of all the blemishes of the old.. I aim each year on the first of January to do better than the last... and yet I never quite get there.. the main thing is of course that I get there and get to start over.. It is enough...
    hate to comment on the bleeding obvious but we will be a long time dead...

    Ciao bella x0x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design