Friday, May 3, 2013

I'm going to tell you a secret, but if you meet me in person you are NOT allowed to do it!

There are lots of things that make me feel uncomfortable. But for the sake of brevity (and the fact that I have already posted FFS Friday I will tell you all of one thing that makes me... (oh I'm shuddering just thinking about it...) uncomfortable. No, scratch that. It makes me feel physically ill.

I loathe, detest, and despise Jelly. (For those of you reading in America, I'm referring to Jello, not Jelly, otherwise known here as Jam.)

I know. It may sound completely crazy (and lets face it, if you have read anything else on this blog of mine, its stands to reason that some of my idiosyncrasies can be considered a little crazy), but I really can not stand it. Thinking about it. Looking at pictures of it. The smell of it. The way it wobbles, glistens, all smooth surfaces.... ughhhh.

And of course, people find this fact a delightful form of torture for me. My kids, and friends (nice friends eh?) will wobble it on a spoon near me, laughing at my reaction.

When my children were small, I would make it for them - reluctantly. When it came to serving it, I would have to do it through closed eyes, gagging all the while. Now, they kids make it themselves, and gleefully chase me around with a spoonful of it, wobbling at me.

Right that's it. I can't write another word about it. It's making me feel sick.

Do you have something that makes you feel so uncomfortable that you feel like you going to throw up? Something, that to other people, is a very normal thing?





Playing along with Jenni - Story of my life Blogging every day in May. Today's prompt:

"Things that make you uncomfortable"
 


 


10 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you didn't love the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs then? Lol :) I know a few people who have this reaction to soup, or ice cream. Glad it's not me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved that movie right up to THAT jelly scene! Worse was that for a while there it was Astons fave movie. I had to walk out of the room when it was on!

      Delete
  2. Oh golly I could not imagine being like that about jelly. I love love love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shuddering that you love love love it! I won't make trifle, can't stand those glistening jelly cubes at sizzlers either

      Delete
  3. I can see this could be a problem! I just made jelly slice, but left it in the freezer - would frozen jelly be an issue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. It would. I'm worse when it's front of me, but just the thought of jelly makes me shudder...

      Delete
  4. Hahaha... reading other people's lists is reminding me of so many things I forgot to add on mine! I also HATE jello. Cannot look at it. I once took a jello shot in college (the only time I ever "tried" it) and gagged and spit it out. I only tried it because I was drunk haha! Another food that fall in this category is bright orange macaroni and cheese (the kind from the box)... all creamy and artificial and disgusting. VOM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, what a good mom you are for making in anyway! Lots of people would refuse and either pass their phobia onto their children, or, in their denial, turn them into jello fiends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jelly?! Who hates Jelly? Haha, I love that you hate it, I myself like to have jelly and cream. The jelly gets coated in the milky white deliciousness. Gross, right? I loved reading this post, looking forward to reading more. (it's rather funny that this is the first blog of yours that I stumble upon. Love your style, very easy to read, I'm hooked) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine hates Bananas. The smell, the feel, the look, she even can't stand Banana bread, muffins, cake anything with Bananas. Being the good Mother she is however, she gave them to her daughter as she was growing up and used to vomit when as a very small child the daughter would squeeze them in her chubby little fists! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design