This last 12 months I have been adrift. With no list to guide me, I have felt somewhat lost. I'm an Aquarian, an air sign. so like a kite that likes to be gliding on the wind, if I don't have a string tethered to the earth, I get tossed around, crashing, floundering and sometimes thrown off course.
That doesn't mean I haven't achieved anything. I have. A lot. Just it's harder to "see" what those things were. So I've decided to do another bucket list to guide me through the next 13 months. Some of the things on this list, were on the first. I either didn't get to do them, or I want to do them again.
So here it is...
1. Whale watching. This is something I have wanted to do since I moved to Queensland 15 years ago. This year I'm going to make it happen!!
2. February 12 marks our anniversary. I want to go back to Mooloolaba for the weekend again, but this time somewhere that has a spa bath.
3. See P!nk in concert. Tickets booked for July! Only 7 months to go. I'm going with Laura and one of my soul sisters, and
CAN NOT WAIT!
4. Go to Seaworld with the kids, or at the very least Aston. I had such a good time when we went last time, and I know that Aston will love it immensely. He still talks about going to daydream island and touching the shark and stingrays and wants to go again.
5. I want to start going on movie dates with my gangsta teen Nathan. Dinner or lunch and a movie. Just him and I. Before I know it he will be grown and moved on, and the thread that connects us will be pulled to its extreme.
6. Go to a couple of musicals at the lyric theatre. I love going to see live entertainment. I disappear into the magic of it all, and leave the mundane behind.
7. Attend life drawing classes. It's time to push myself creatively. My soul feels like it will wither and die without it.
8. This really should be number 1, but because I am not doing these in any particular order, here it is. FINISH OUTSTANDING PROJECTS. you know what they are Vicky
9. Tattoo between my shoulder blades as an ode to my place of origin
10. A family holiday somewhere. Anywhere - where isn't important. What's important is that it is ALL of us.
11. Have a strong back. Early this year I injured my back. And it is still giving me grief. I want to be free of back pain. In order for that to happen I have to build the muscles in my core.
12. Lose 5kgs. This one and the one above are connected. I think by strengthening my core, I will lose weight as well. Especially from the place I want it to go!
13. Have a girls weekend away with my soul sisters. Somewhere in the hinterland I'm thinking. Mid year - perfect for fires, yummy food, and red wine.
14. Do a cooking class with M
15. Laugh love live paintings
16. Sharon's Gerbera painting
17. Build my blog
18. Go to a bloggers conference
19. Herb and salad garden
20. Smooth soft feet
21. Be exercising regularly, at least 3 times a week in some way.
22. Go on a date with M every six weeks.
23. Art workshop with a new medium
24. Upgrade to iPhone 5
25. Mummy and Aston dates
26. Mummy and Laura dates
27. Reduce my waist measurement from To
28. Tattoo of the Japanese symbols for family and mother on my right wrist
29. Hot air balloon ride
30. Big day out musical festival
31. Pineapple music festival tickets booked for April!
32. Do a parachute jump.
Do you have a bucket list? What's on it? Care to share? Then I can add to mine ;)