Friday, May 20, 2011

Sometimes things are closer then you think...

Earlier this week I was introduced to a new blog Stylin you. Her first post I read was about how ovarian cancer has affected her.... As I read I wondered how it has affected me... I know of two people who have it... One lost the fight. One still battles with it. But I don't know these women directly...

I was talking about it to M tonight, and discovered that his sister, who I have met, had it two years ago and is currently in remission. For now she is nearly at the half way mark for five years.... The magical marker apparently. All of a sudden it became a whole lot closer to home.....

The biggest problem with ovarian cancer is its diagnosis... it happens in most cases too late. As women its important that we take responsibility for our health.. to pay attention, and act on it...

So get informed .... after all Knowledge is Power .. and what could be more powerful then saving your own life?

1 comment:

  1. So, so grateful for you posting here - I'm humbled by the amount of times my post has been shared - every time it is, a whole new set of women are made aware of this insidious disease. Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design