Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Adrift





I read my stars this morning and it described so perfectly how I have been feeling ... "adrift on the ocean". I have been frantically looking for shore, scrambling from side to side of this little boat that I'm in. Its been dipping wildly, taking on water, starting to limp... and the ocean isn't even turbulent. I'm creating my own waves, rocking my own boat...

Its time to be still. All my needs can be taken care of in this boat. Lie back, look at the stars, the moon. Make shapes, animals, fantasies in the clouds. Watch the lightening in the distance. Listen to the gentle lapping of the water on the hull. The sea is calm, there is no storm. Just the one inside my mind. Shift the focus from inside your head, and let the elements wash over you, soothe you.

Its OK to be adrift. When you stop fighting it, eventually you hit landfall. Enjoy the ride on the way.




3 comments:

  1. is a place to be, still and allowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Vicky! I just came onto my blog to post a special piece of poetry and then wandered over here and read this..... I think you may find something in it for you, if you want to pop over and take a look.

    Many warm hugs to you. Accept the drifting. I love that you have recognised you're making your own turbulence, wowzers that's a big one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your metaphor! I also love watching the clouds and making shapes (literally). I hope you are finding your calm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design