Monday, October 17, 2011

Spring Stylin' on a budget

Once again I have to thank my styling guru Nikki over at Styling You. Recently she reviewed Big W's new range of clothes Emerson. Me, being the ever conscious budget -hunting- but -still- want -to- be stylin' mumma, checked it out when I was last in Big W.  I took another leaf out of Nikki's book, and went right through my wardrobe, made a list of basics that I needed, and took a trip to the op shop to drop off things I no longer wear. While I was there I also happened to find a couple of pieces that were on my list!!

I have to agree with Nikki. The Emerson brand is great. So great that I walked out with three pairs of stretch Capri pants for under $30... Yes that's right UNDER $30. A massive $9.45 each. I once saw an episode of Trinny and Susannah where they recommended if you found something that you like, and it fits and looks good on you, buy it in several colours.... So I did. A white pair, an indigo denim and a black. The thing I love about them is that they can go from super casual to dressy with a change of shoes, accessories and turning up the hem if you so desire.


Emerson 3/4 Capri pants (top - op shop buy!!)
Off to birthday lunch with my soul sister


With my bargain purchases I have effectively created at least 12 "new" spring/summer outfits - both casual and dressy. Very happy bunny indeed.

If you don't already, check out Styling You. Nikki holds regular give aways, gives wicked styling advice, and is very chic in my opinion. Love your work Nikki. :)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! So glad you found the perfect pants from Emerson at Big W. Looking fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love capri pants and mine definitely need an update. Looks like I need to head to Big W!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design