Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sometimes when you leap you don't necessarily fall flat on your face...

Which is what I decided to do when I sent an email to a complete stranger, saying I'm deleting my account, if you want to get in contact here's the details....

So we text back and forth, working out a time to speak on the phone that worked for both of us. I was supposed to call one night, and changed it because I wanted to watch Packed to the Rafters... anyway, eventually we connected, and talked for a couple of hours on the phone... with me ending the call so he could go to bed, and not wrap himself around a pole, as I wanted to meet him. He has to get up at 3.45am to be at work at six... so yes does travel a fair way to get to work. I had already arranged a "date" for the Saturday 12th Feb with someone that I had been texting back and forth with, but who had yet not actually managed to speak to me on the phone. On the friday night I was going out with girlfriends, and I had already tried during the week to call this guy, to firm up plans, meeting place etc, and still had not spoken to him, instead receiving a text saying yep all good for Saturday speak to you Friday. So I decided that I would try again to call him before I went out. Three times. unsuccessfully. ten mins before I was going out, I tried again, still no answer, so I decided that if he couldnt manage to speak to me on the phone, how the hell was he going to be able to have a conversation with me face to face. So I cancelled the date.... and seeing as how I was leaping I decided to text M and told him that my plans had changed for the Saturday night and if he wanted to catch up I was available. We had already made plans for the following Saturday 19th Feb anyway.

To cut a long story short... and well this was a month ago now anyway... and lots has happened between then and now....

We caught up, met at Mooloolaba, went to the surf club and had a couple of Corona's, laughed and laughed and laughed some more, about the perils of online dating. Went for a walk on the esplanade, found some where for dinner, and didn't stop talking the entire time. I was completely, and utterly true to ME. was the me that my friends know, and love (or get driven mad by - depends on the day!) I felt confident, and self assured, and wonderful. When we left, I asked if I could give him a hug. I had been gagging for a man hug for months. He is tall .... which I love. And the hug..... sigh... was divine. and left me wanting more. ... so I quickly jumped in my car to leave lol.

which takes me to today. ... We have seen each other every weekend since, text a billion times each day, speak each night, and I'm .... terrified, delighted, overwhelmed, excited, happy, and a billion other emotions that don't have words...

I'm both terrified and exhilerated, standing on a cliff about to leap free fall with a parachute hoping to fuck it opens!! and I can glide...

I guess that's what TRUST. FORGIVE. LET GO  really means .....

1 comment:

  1. Vicky I have been so out of cinq with the everything and everyone. The 12 days it took my brother to die was torture for us all.. I still haven't got a grasp on any of it.

    Renato has been there with his online shoulder for me to cry on ... he can invariably make me laugh which is good & very necessary. He also held my hand during the demise of the other relationship... I hadn't realised how much S.was holding me together during my brothers senescence until he [S..not my brother] was gone and we had our final phone call. I miss his phone calls, texts and emails but some things aren't meant to be.
    Time for bed... it is almost time to get up... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design