Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Rebound


       " or·bit
       n.
       1. a. The path of a celestial body .... as it revolves
               around another body. "
 
 
 
 
 
                                                Caught in each others orbit
                                                circling around.
                                               Oblivious to the outside...
                                                its noise, an annoyance.
 
                                               The pull - sublime.
                                               The elliptical spinning - thrilling
                                               and ...
                                               dangerous.
 
                                               Caught in another star's orbit.
                                               Our gravities - entwined.
                                               Slowly, gently, disentangle the tendrils,
                                               each one bouncing back to its rightful place - my heart.
 
                                               Realign my celestial body
                                               to revolve around my heart.
                                               It deserves to be loved,
                                               admired, praised ... adored.
 
                                               I can not love another ...
                                               until ...
                                               I learn to love myself
                                               ... again.
 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. I'm glad that you "heard" it. x

      Delete
  2. Oh now that is inspired. Beautiful. Did you write this?? It should be widely shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write this :)
      Thank you. Considering that until a few days ago I felt like my creativity had shrivelled up and died, I'm pretty happy with it.

      Delete
    2. Funny how that happens ;-) I announce I'm deleting my blog and suddenly I wish I had the space (because I'm getting ideas...!)

      Delete
    3. Write them down anyway. In a journal somewhere. Or do a Nikki gemmell

      Delete
  3. That's beautifully written - and so very true. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bronnie. Everytime I read it, its words are evocative

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Vicky. I really resonate with your words today. Thank you for sharing them.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... Leave some love :-)

 

Blog Design by Sommerfugl Design